Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Woman hurt by abortion speaks at Vigil For Life

On Saturday, over 25,000 people gathered at Merrion Square in Dublin for the 'Vigil For Life' event.

One of the speakers at the Vigil For Life was Bernadette Goulding, a woman hurt by abortion. Bernadette is a founding member of Women Hurt, a group that seeks to reach out to women who have been hurt by abortion.

Bernadette told her story of having an abortion aged 19 in England and the trauma and suffering she endured over several years as a result of the abortion. She said: 
 "Abortion changed my whole life. Before the abortion, I was never told how much I would grieve and mourn the loss of my baby. Nobody mentioned anything about the emotional scars I would carry with me from that day forward."

You can read her story in full here.

Bernadette speaking at the Vigil For Life
Bernadette urged people to oppose the current plans to legalise abortion in this country, because abortion is inhuman to women, as well as their unborn babies. She echoed one of the themes of the vigil:  love them both.





No comments:

Post a Comment